Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

About making your dreams come true

About making your dreams come true



"This idea of yours will never work" or How one single sentence can destroy the chance of something beautiful.


We all know them, those eternal pessimists, who keep on whining about the hardships of their lives, but are not aware that the world would seem a lot brighter, if only they looked at it from a different angle.

And so they keep on spreading their negativity, because it would (supposedly?) hurt them to see you believing in yourself. And they do so by saying things like »This will never work.«


- P I N   T H I S   I M A G E -
About making your dreams come true - How to deal with non-believers
About making your dreams come true
But why are they saying it? What's in it for them if they stop me or you from trying? If you don't believe yourself to be capable to make your dreams come true, why beat me down as well?

The sad truth is, they like to see you give up. They get some sort of a sick kick out of you not believing in yourself, because they don't want you to make your dreams come true. Like, if they can't have it, no one will. 

But guess what. Dreams do come true. You just have to believe in yourself.

Of course, there are other reasons why people say such things, but their purpose does not justify their words. I remember well how much those words used to hurt. They hurt because others believed them, and they hurt even more because you start to believe yourself that you can not be successful in what you want to do. And I still hear those words sometimes, but they don't have such an effect on me anymore because I now know that they are simply not true. With the help of people with a more positive outlook, I got over this negativity and started doing what I love most. All the while asking myself: "Why could you not believe in yourself sooner".

So, what I'm trying to say is that there are very few cases in which you can be absolutely sure that you will fail before even trying. I'm trying to say that life is too short for opportunities missed because someone told you you don't stand a chance. That it's always worth a shot. Because who knows.


Anything you want, you can make your dream come true.
Anything you want, you can make your dreams come true.

It has always been one of my biggest wishes to stand on a stage as a singer in a band. The photo above was taken April 30th, when my band Baby Octopus performed at an event in our hometown. See? Dreams do come true.


No comments:

...