Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The One And Only Way to Find Your Life Purpose


Life purpose. We spend our whole lives looking for it, feeling like shit because we think we don't know what to do with our lives.

Let's face it: most of us well into our twenties are bombarded daily by the need to find out the meaning of our lives, and the idea of how happy we will be when we finally discover our true calling. And still, we have no idea what on Earth we're supposed to be doing.

Social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram make it possible to see what other people are doing and how everyone seems to have it all together. Except you.

I used to read loads of articles on how you're supposed to discover what you were brought in this world to do. I followed every trick and advice about finding your purpose. Needless to say, nothing worked.

Then I started thinking. What if I've been doing this whole life thing all wrong? What if, the point is not to find one thing and devote yourself completely to it, what if the point is something completely different, something infinitely simpler?

WHAT IF THE POINT IS TO SIMPLY LIVE OUR LIVES?

For me, it's would be impossible to devote my whole life to one thing and one thing alone and forget about the rest. There's just so much that I would like to achieve.


* I want to write a novel.
* I want to record videos of me singing for Youtube.
* I want to make people realize that they have all they need to be happy and to live life to the fullest.
* I want to use my crochet skills to help animals in need (crochet doggy sweaters for shelter dogs? Yes!)
* I want to have a successful online business.

I couldn't possibly pick just one of those things. And it makes me feel like a loser sometimes! Surely a person who, at 23, can't find her life purpose, is not fit for adulting?

But it's not like that at all. Doing just one thing until the day you die isn't a sign of maturity. It's great for some, but not for everyone. We're different that way, and that's ok! 

Just live. Don't stress about finding that one thing. Do what you want to do. The rest will fall into place. Who knows, you may end up becoming one of those people with a single, undying passion. That's great! Or you may not. Also great!

Life is not about finding your passion and then pursuing it. Rather, it's doing things and letting the passion come in time. Go out there. Do what makes you happy. Let life become your life purpose.

No comments:

...